Visit Health Watch for COVID-19 updates. Find Employee Return to Campus and Student Return to Campus information.
The Division of Administration and Finance strategically manages the University’s financial resources, and its broad portfolio of business support and administrative services ensures that the Cal State LA campus runs efficiently.
The various departments within the division support the academic mission of the university while meeting the day-to-day needs of students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
The primary mission of the Division of Administration and Finance is to support the learning environment of Cal State LA. The Division provides a wide range of professional services that support the University through its departments and affiliated organizations. The Division is committed to the following core values:
- Service Excellence: Identifying our customer groups, their expectations, and creating performance metrics and feedback mechanisms to measure success.
- Work Smarter: Developing business process workflows and documentation, performing assessments to identify and adopt efficiencies, and remaining solution oriented while problem solving.
- Team Building: Encouraging collaborative problem solving, providing more opportunities to network, celebrating accomplishments of the team, and learning together as a team.
- Professional Development: Performing professional gap analyses, and providing opportunities for cross training, working within key strengths, peer training, and educational workshops.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: To develop and implement initiatives that align with the university diversity, equity, and inclusion mission to cultivate diversity, help promote cultural competence and integrity, and actively seek perspectives and engagement from all constituents in our community, to develop just and equitable practices and expectations.
Facilities, Planning, and Construction
FPC oversees prep, design & construction of new buildings/facilities, focusing on state-of-the-art projects that promote learning, collaboration & research, and maintains/repairs existing facilities.
Finance provides the financial planning, budgeting, general accounting & procurement services for the campus & auxiliary organizations. SFS disburses approx. $190 million in financial aid annually.
Administrative Technology provides support for employees in Administration and Finance, University Advancement, and other university auxiliaries.
University Auxiliary Services
Cal State L.A. University Auxiliary Services, Inc. (UAS) is a nonprofit, self-sustaining corporation dedicated to benefiting the welfare of students, faculty, and staff.
Human Resources Management provides compensation, classification and payroll services, and administers benefits. The department also offers numerous training and development programs.
University police force, parking & transportation services, and risk management/environmental health are focused on the safety and well-being of the people who study at, work on or visit the campus.