Forms and Petitions


Graduate Studies Forms

Form Name

This Form is Used to:

Submit Completed Form to:

GS-1A: Transfer Course Level Evaluation


[FORM DISCONTINUED; now completed via GET. Consult with your faculty graduate advisor regarding this.]

GS-5: Course Substitution


[FORM DISCONTINUED; now completed via GET. Consult with your faculty graduate advisor regarding this.]

GS-8: Graduate Student/Post-Baccalaureate Status Change

  • Change a student's classification status from Conditionally Classified to Classified 
  • Advance a doctoral student to candidacy
  • Add a credential or certificate to a student's program
  • Discontinue a student from a graduate program
  • Place a student on academic probation or place them in good academic standing

College Associate Dean's Office





GS-10: Advancement to Candidacy Form

  • Advance a master's student to candidacy
  • Establish the culminating experience for a master's student
  • Establish a faculty committee for a student completing a thesis or project
Email completed form to and copy (cc), the faculty graduate advisor, and the student

GS-13: Approval Page for Graduate Thesis, Project Report, or Dissertation (link)

  • Approve a student's thesis, project, or dissertation
Email completed form to

GS-14: Approval of Thesis or Project Proposal

  • Approve a student's proposal for a thesis or project

Academic Department

*Not all departments require this form. Check with graduate advisor 

GS-15: 4+1 Program Approval*

*Only for use by the College of ECST and BE

  • Change the status of a student admitted into a blended (4+1) program from the B-Career to the G-Career

Email completed form to and copy (cc), the faculty graduate advisor, and the student

Credit By Exam

  • Request permission to receive credit for courses by examination (4000- or 5000-level only)
Academic Department

General Academic Petition for Graduate Requirements

  • Petition review of certain University academic regulations when extenuating circumstances exist

Email the completed form, and all relevant evidence that supports the petition, to the Office of Graduate Studies (

Course Validation 

  • Validate an expired course (after General Academic Petition for Graduate Requirements is approved by the Dean of Graduate Studies)

*Instructions for graduate advisors

College Associate Dean's Office

Graduate Credit for Undergraduate Coursework

  Email completed form to 

GWAR Substitution Petition (formerly WPE Waiver)


[FORM DISCONTINUED due to Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement changes.]

Graduate Continuous Enrollment Form (UNIV 9000 Enrollment Form)
  • Allow a student to maintain their matriculation status to submit their thesis, project report, or dissertation after they have completed all required program coursework and units

PaGE Enrollment Services

Related Forms

Petition for Student Leaves of Absence (Records & Enrollment, Office of the Registrar)​
Graduate students are granted a leave for a maximum of 2 semesters, subject to renewal. Continuing students' allowed absence of 1 semester is included in these maxima. Summer and winter terms are not included in these totals.