Research Creative Scholarship Activities (RSCA) Reopening Protocols
NSS Supplemental Rationale Form
If you are planning to restart your research at Cal State LA and have not been previously approved, the application process has been streamlined.
Here is the new procedure:
- Go to https://www.calstatela.edu/academicresources/research-scholarship-creative-activity-reopening-protocols
- Fill out the RSCA Reopening Application form and the Rationale Form. Both can be found at the link in #1. Do not forget to give the complete schedule for your on-campus research activities including start times and end times and days of the week and the names of personnel who will be using the room during those times. Note, that your lab can be open 5 days a week during normal open hours (M-F 8am-6pm) up to 20 hours per week. The end date should be Aug. 20, 2021. See the attached excel spreadsheet to determine the maximum number of people that can be in your research space. If you do not see your room listed contact EH&S to assess the capacity.
- Make sure all personnel have completed the COVID-19 safety training course (https://www.calstatela.edu/ehs/covid-19-safety-awareness-online-course) and the EHS lab safety protocol if this is a wet-lab. (https://www.calstatela.edu/ehs/lab-safety-training-resources)
- Combine the documents from #2 and #3 above into one PDF document and send it as an attachment to: NSS@calstatela.edu with the subject line “NSS RSCA Review Committee”.
- Once the NSS Review Committee has reviewed the application, you will be notified via email about the status of your application.
- If your application is approved, your next step will be to forward that email which also includes your approved application to RMEHS@calstatela.edu to request a safety site assessment. You will receive a Safety Site Assessment Checklist.
- If your application requires revisions, please make the necessary recommended changes and resubmit your application as indicated in step #4.
- Once your safety site assessment has been completed and signed, please visit https://www.calstatela.edu/academicresources/research-scholarship-creative-activity-reopening-protocols and scroll down to step #5 to submit your RSCA Application. Upload the Safety Site Assessment Checklist to the appropriate link. Upload the documents from step #4 to the remaining three links (see below).
Download the full instructions here >>